Vegan Lentil and Mushroom Bolognese
- 1 box pasta
- 3/4 cup red lentils dry
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper for taste
Boil pasta according to box instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
2. While pasta is boiling, start cooking red lentils according to packet instructions. Be sure to not over cook the lentils or they will become too mushy. Set aside.
3. In a medium or large saucepan, cook mushrooms and onions with a 1/4 cup of water on medium heat. Once onions become transparent, add in chopped cherry tomatoes. Wait 3-5 minutes before adding in pasta sauce. Let sauce heat up.
4. Add in cooked pasta and lentils to the saucepan. Mix everything together and add salt, pepper, and oregano for taste.