Summer Sweet Potato Salad
This salad combo is perfect for summer because it is light, fresh, and easy to make. It leaves you feeling satiated without feeling bloated.
- 2 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinager
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice or juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 avocado
Preheat oven to 400 F. Add parchment paper to a baking sheet. Cut up sweet potato to bite sized pieces and place on the pan. Cook in oven for 30 minutes.
2. While the sweet potato is in the oven, cook quinoa according to packet instructions. Also heat up the edamame and corn in a saucepan or microwave if using frozen ingredients. Let cool in fridge until ready to assemble final salad.
3. Add lettuce, quinoa, corn, and edamame to a large salad bowl.
4. Add tahini, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice to the bowl and massage these in to the salad using your hands or tongs.
5. When the sweet potato is done, let cool before adding it to the salad.
6. Add avocado. Mix all ingredients.
7. *Add salt, cracked pepper, and red chili flakes to finished product for taste.