Loaded Pesto Pasta
- 1 box Pasta (*I used gluten free)
- 1 cup brussel sprouts sliced
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup green peas or edamame
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
For the pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 handful pinenuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic garlic powder will work too
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Boil pasta according to box instructions. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
2. In a medium or large saucepan, steam brussels, broccoli, and peas. To do this add in the veggies and a 1/4 cup of water to the saucepan on medium heat and cover with a lid (Depending on how soft you want your brussels, you may want to steam them for a few minutes before adding in the other veggies).
3. While the veggies are steaming, blend all pesto ingredients together in a food processor. Set aside.
4. Add in pasta, cherry tomatoes, and veggie stock to the saucepan and reduce the heat to low. Let these heat up for a few minutes before adding in the pesto.
5. Stir in the pesto, serve, and enjoy.
*top off the pasta with some nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper for an extra flavor kick